Passport mela all month long
Raghavendra Shastry, Advisor to the External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, said eight personnel would be deputed from Delhi to Bangalore to upload all the applications online. This exercise would be completed by the end of the month, he said.
The acceptance of physical applications is said to be the first step to turning the Regional Passport Office into a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). After setting up PSKs in Marathalli and Lalbagh, the office in Koramangala had been turned into a back office, where no applications were accepted.
The opening of this office is expected to ease the rush for appointments.
About 40,000 applications are pending in Bangalore alone with the police for verification. With the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) coming in for severe criticism for the delay in obtaining appointments at several PSKs across India, it has now invited people to send their suggestions and address their problems to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The Passport mela was also underway this weekend, where applications were accepted in the physical form. A total of 2,436 tokens were issued and 1,830 applications were accepted at the five centres across the State on Sunday.
Getting your passport
* Download applications from www.passport india.gov.in and fill it
* Carry one set of self-attested copy along with original documents
* Fee can be paid through cash or DD drawn in favour of Regional Passport Officer, Bangalore
* Carry a recent colour photograph with white background of the size 4.5 cmX3.5 cm
* For the list of documents required, log on to the website
* Applications will be accepted only in person and not through any other means
* No tatkal applications or police clearance certificate will be accepted