Hulkenberg likely to move to Sauber
Yeongam (South Korea),Oct 15, 2012 IANS: 21:27 IST
Sahara Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg will be driving for Sauber in the 2013 Formula One season, BBC reported on Sunday.
The report said Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will be Hulkenberg’s team-mate next year, leaving Kamui Kobayashi without a seat.
Kobayashi’s current team-mate at Sauber, Sergio Perez is moving to McLaren in 2013 after Lewis Hamilton signed a deal with Mercedes to replace Michael Schumacher.
“Sauber have not yet officially confirmed Hulkenberg but the deal is understood already to be done,” said the report.
The report also claimed that former Force India driver Adrian Sutil is in the reckoning to be Hulkenberg’s replacement at the Silverstone-based team. Force India parted ways with Sutil last year and elevated Hulkenberg from the role of a reserve.
The report added that Kobayashi, former Toro Rosso driver Sebastien Buemi and Jamie Alguersuari are also in the running for the Force India seat.
When asked about his future, Hulkenberg said: “I really enjoy this team (Force India), I know everybody really well and I enjoy working with the guys. At the moment, my focus is simply on 2012 and doing the best I can.”