BEd exam squad members 'threaten' task force officials
According to the university’s BEd Task Force officials, the squad members allegedly threatened them and warned them against continuing the inspection. The second semester BEd exams that commenced on November 6, will conclude on November 15. Examinations are being held at more than 500 centres.
In a letter to Registrar (Evaluation) R K Somashekar, Task Force Chairman Karan Kumar has said that his team was “verbally abused and threatened of dire consequences,” if it continued visiting the examination centres.
Karan Kumar told Deccan Herald that many of the exam squad members were from the blacklisted BEd colleges. He said he suspected foul play from the university’s end in selection of members for the squad.
The university has allegedly been conducting exams for students of colleges that have been derecognised by the National Council for Teachers’ Education. Students appearing for the examinations in several centres have reportedly alerted the Task Force about the rampant malpractice, including mass copying, he said.
The Task Force has been regularly reporting to the university about the “fraudulent” BEd colleges. It had recently submitted a report in this regard to the acting Vice Chancellor Rangaswamy. However, the university has not taken any action so far.
The Registrar (Evaluation) and the acting vice chancellor said that they cannot take action until the report is placed before the Academic Council. The university officials are yet to announce the date for the next Academic Council