Affidavit on 'G' sites may make panel's job easy
The Justice Padmaraj Commission, which was constituted by the High Court to probe the ‘G’ category site allotments by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA), has help found from advocate S Vasudev, who has filed a fresh affidavit in the High Court.
The Commission is expected to be aided by the new affidavit which names 18 MLAs and three MLCs , including seven from Bangalore, for having made false declarations to avail of the sites.
According to Vasudev, all necessary documents, including letters written to chief ministers, allotment letters, possession certificates, absolute sale deeds executed in favour of the legislators and recommendation letters by the chief ministers have been furnished to the Commission.
“These people have taken a short cut by writing letters to the chief ministers and based on the recommendations of former chief ministers (S M Krishna, Dharam Singh, H D Kumaraswamy and B S Yeddyurappa), the Housing and Urban Development Secretary had directed the BDA commissioner to allot the sites, in violation of rules,” Vasudev said.
He argues that the cases are similar for almost all legislators, including former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
“But I am unable to furnish details of all the beneficiaries.” Vasudev has submitted the assets and declarations of the said legislators, obtained through RTI.
The 21 legislators named in the new affidavit in the HighCourt by advocate S Vasudev are:
*D Hemachandra Sagar, MLA, Chickpet, Bangalore
* Ravi Subrahmanya, MLA Basavanagudi, Bangalore
* Derrick Fullinfaw, MLA, Bangalore
*Doddarangegowda, MLC, Bangalore
* Nandish Reddy, MLA, K R Puram, Bangalore
* S Muniraju, MLA Dasarahalli, Bangalore
* M Krishnappa, MLA, Bangalore South
*C N Ashwathnarayan, MLA, Malleswaram
* M V Nagaraj, MLA, Nelamangala
*S R Vishwanath, MLA, Yelahanka
*Y Sampangi, MLA, KGF
* Manappa Vajjal, Lingasugur in Raichur district
* B Nagendra, MLA, Kudligi, Bellary district
* Mumtaz Ali Khan, MLC
* G Someshekar Reddy, MLA, Bellary
* K G Kumaraswamy, MLA, Shimoga Rural
* K Lakshminarayan, MLA, Baindur
* Chikkanna, MLA, H D Kote
* Suresh Gowda, MLA, Nagamangala
*R V Venkatesh, MLC
* Vishwanath Chandrashekar Mamani, MLA, Saudatti