Watson makes peace with Howard, claims commitment to Tests
"I have also had a number of chats with Pat Howard over the last week and we are both now on the same page and are really looking forward to working together to get Australia to be the best team in the world," Watson said before boarding the flight back to India.
"My mind's totally clear and I'm really excited to get back on the plane and to contribute to the team as best as I can."
The all-rounder had been left out from the third Test in Mohali, along with three other members of the touring squad, for failing to complete an assignment given by coach Mickey Arthur. The move had left Watson fuming and he had threatened to reconsider his Test future.
Watson had headed home to attend the birth of his first child, Will, who was born on Thursday.
"I've had several constructive discussions with team management back in Mohali over the past few days. We've spoken about how we are going to work together to move forward, as Australia attempts to climb back to the top of the ICC rankings," Watson said.
Watson also put to rest speculation that he was planning to quit Test cricket after the snub.
"I've a burning ambition to be an Australian Test player for as long as I can be and help Australia win those big Test Series' as well as the big ICC Tournaments," he said.
"I'm looking forward to getting around the boys again and concentrating on moving forward. I'm entirely committed to the team and being the best player I can be," he added.