Press Esc to close
Monday 29 May 2017
News updated at 4:41 PM IST

1993 blasts convict dies

Mumbai, May 5, 2013 (PTI) 15:52 IST
An 85-year-old man awarded life sentence in the 1993 serial bomb blasts in the metropolis today died at his residence here.

Ishaq Hajwane was at present out on bail. The Supreme Court had upheld his conviction by TADA court in March this year.

He was one of the convicts who along with actor Sanjay Dutt had been given one-month additional time to surrender by the apex court.

"Ishaq Hajwane died at his residence. He was suffering from multiple organ failure," said his advocate Farhana Shah.

Hajwane was found guilty of criminal conspiracy and participating in a weapons training session organised by Tiger Memon, the key mastermind behind the blasts.

The TADA court had sentenced him to 14 years' imprisonment. However, the apex court had enhanced his sentence to imprisonment for life.

Hajwane was to surrender on May 16, Shah said.

"I will inform the court about his demise to the TADA court once I get the death certificate," Shah added.

Go to Top

Photo Gallery
Vermicelli

Vermicelli

Curfew in Downtown Srinagar

Curfew in Downtown Srinagar

Ramadan in Delhi

Ramadan in Delhi

Grand champion Hakuho,

Grand champion Hakuho,

‘Eduverse’ Jnana Degula the premier education expo by DH, PV

‘Eduverse’ Jnana Degula the premier education expo by DH, PV

Protest in Sohna

Protest in Sohna

Flooded Colombo

Flooded Colombo

Formula One Grand Prix

Formula One Grand Prix

CBSE declares results

CBSE declares results

Balija Community Bruhath Samavesha

Balija Community Bruhath Samavesha

Like us on Facebook

Copyright 2017, The Printers (Mysore) Private Ltd., 75, M.G Road, Post Box 5331, Bengaluru - 560001
Tel: +91 (80) 25880000 Fax No. +91 (80) 25880523
Powered by Yodasoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.