Succour in sight for Taekwondo champion Nagarjuna
Bangalore, June 19, 2013, DHNS: 1:53 IST
Having set the ball rolling during his tenure, former Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Commissioner Siddaiah seems to have now taken it upon himself to intervene and ensure that Taekwondo champion Nagarjuna V does indeed makes it to the competitions in South Korea.
According to Siddaiah, though he had cleared the documents related to funding of Nagarjuna’s trip to International Taekwondo Tournament, South Korea, during last week of May, the file was probably withheld by BBMP Education Department since it had found a few glitches in the documentation.
“I will speak to BBMP Special Commissioner (Finance) and try my best to sort out the issue,” Siddaiah told Deccan Herald.
With the last date for submitting documents and money being June 20, 18-year-old Nagarjuna V, student of Government R C College of Commerce and Management, Palace Road, has been unsucessfully, but fervently, pursuing his urgent request for assistance of Rs 1.25 lakh from the Palike, for which current BBMP Commissioner M Lakshminarayana’s clearance is necessary.
“I went to BBMP Head Office today (June 19 ) as well, but failed to get an audience with the elusive commissioner. Administration officials advised me to come tomorrow (June 20) assuring the cheque would be ready. But, I have little hope of making it this time as well, ” bemoaned Nagarjuna.
The Palike authorities confirming that the file was with the commissioner’s office said that since the commissioner has been busy with meetings for the past two days, he has not been able to attend to the file. On his part, Lakshminarayana, when contacted, said he will check the file and take necessary steps.