Fire in company's kitchen in IT hub

Fire in company's kitchen in IT hub

A fire broke out at a company’s kitchen and its chimney in a multi-storied building near Prestige Tech Park at Kadubeesanahalli in Marathahalli, east Bengaluru on Friday morning.

According to fire officials, the fire started on the ground floor of the company’s kitchen. The building had seven floors and with the smoke billowing to the top floor, it appeared the entire building was on fire.

One fire tender was rushed to the spot to put out the fire after security guards at the company building initially started extinguishing it with their fire safety equipment. Employees inside the building were seen rushing out in panic and assembling at safety points. No one was injured in the incident. The Marathahalli police confirmed the incident but said no one approached them with a complaint.