Labourer's baby electrocuted

An eight-month-old baby of a construction worker was electrocuted at the temporary shed provided to the family at a building site in eastern Bengaluru’s Kodihalli on Saturday. 

Ravi Kumar, the youngest of the six children of Anil Sahani, from Begusarai, Bihar, crawled to a junction box kept in the shed in the basement of the under-construction building. The building had temporary power supply with numerous wirings fixed to the junction box. 

Sahani had come to Bengaluru along with his family for work. 

As the parents were busy at work, the baby came in contact with a live wire and got electrocuted. Hearing his screams, the couple took him to CMH Hospital in Indiranagar where doctors declared him brought dead. 

Following a complaint from Sahani, the jurisdictional Jeevan Bima Nagar police booked the building owner Raju, the civil engineer Pungal and the contractor Hari for causing death by negligence, a senior officer said.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Comments (+)