Photograph clue leads to arrest of murderers

Photograph clue leads to arrest of murderers

The incident came to light, when one of them, Javid (19), was showing the picture to one of his friends at a bar in the City on October 6.

A friend of Sadanand, a police constable attached to Kumaraswamy Layout police station, who was present at the bar, witnessed this and informed Sadanand. The constable, along with other staff, reached the bar and took Javid into custody.

The other suspects are Surya Prakash (20), Mohammad Ghouse (21) and Fayaz Khan (19), all residents of BSK III stage. Police said that in April, the suspects were playing cricket at a lorry parking lot near Kadirenahalli Cross and the ball hit Gopi, a cleaner. He allegedly thrashed them.

Subsequently, they purchased lethal weapons and got themselves photographed with the weapons. They then decided to murder Gopi.

The suspects came to the lorry parking lot on April 19 and noticed Gopi sitting in the driver’s seat of a truck. They asked at him to get down. However, Krishnachari (45), a security guard, asked them to go away. The suspects offered liquor to Krishnachari and requested him to ask Gopi to get off the truck, but the guard confronted them. They threw chilli powder into his eyes and hacked him to death. They drove away towards Kunigal on a scooter parked there. As one of the tyres burst near Kunigal police station, they abandoned the scooter and fled.

The police launched a search operation. Finally, based on the inputs from Sadanand’s friend, the police arrested the suspects.

Case solved

Siddapur police on Tuesday claimed to have cracked the murder case of a 22-year-old man by arresting six suspects.

Riyaz Khan, 24, Irfan, 23, Kizar, 21, Saleem, 21, Tausif, 22, and Farooque, 25,  all residents of Jayanagar 1st Block had allegedly hacked Syed Imtiyaz to death on October 5.

The suspects told the police that Imtiyaz, Irfan and Saifuddin used to commit crimes together and share the booty among themselves. The trio abducted a boy from Kashmir a few months ago and released him for a ransom of Rs 25,000.

However, Imtiyaz did not share the money equally among his partners. The suspects decided to murder Imtiyaz on September 12, but they dropped the plan as he had hired some men from Kalasipalyam to protect him.

However, on October 5, Riyaz and his associates hacked Imtiyaz to death.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)