Woman dies after mistakenly drinking acid with liquor

The deceased, Muniakkiamma, was a resident of Solur in Kasaba Hobli near Devanhalli. File photo

A 60-year-old woman was killed after she consumed liquor mixed with cleaning acid mistaking it to be water in Vishwanathpura on Wednesday.

The deceased, Muniakkiamma, was a resident of Solur in Kasaba Hobli near Devanhalli, the police said.

According to the police, on July 30, Muniakkiamma, who was an alcoholic, consumed liquor at her house. She had kept a transparent cleaning acid in a water bottle and mistook it for water and mixed it with her drink. When she consumed it, it burnt her Esophagus and stomach. Her family members rushed her to Devanhalli hospital from where she was shifted to Bowring Hospital. On Wednesday, she succumbed to injuries. Vishwanathapura police have registered a case of unnatural death and are inquiring with her family members.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 1

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Woman dies after mistakenly drinking acid with liquor

0 comments

Write the first review for this !