Youth with 70% burns dies after 5 daysd

A courier boy, who was hospitalised after accidentally touching a high-tension wire on the terrace of his grandmother’s home on May 19, died on Thursday. 

Ramesh had visited his grandmother’s house at 5th Cross Bhovi Colony near Sadduguntepalya on May 19. Around 2.50 pm, he went to the terrace to get the bedsheets that were left to dry. He accidentally touched the wire and collapsed on the ground. He was taken to the St John’s hospital where doctors said he had suffered 70% burns. Police said they had served notices on two KPTCL officials but they were yet to respond.

Comments (+)