Gas leak: Three suffer burns in city

Anand, 35 years, his wife Kalpana, 33, and their relative Sarojamma, 50 are those three. Sarojamma came to the city recently for a treatment.

An autorickshaw driver by profession and a resident of Hinkal on the outskirts, Anand returned home in the noon. He asked his wife for coffee. The gas by then had begun to leak from the pipe when his wife switched on the gas stove.

 Much before the duo could do anything, the gas that had spread in the house caught fire and the TV that was on at that time, exploded.

Fortunately, while the LPG cylinder remained intact, thus lessening the extent of damage. Soon, the trio were rushed to a private hospital before being shifted to K R Hospital in the evening.

According to Vijayanagar Police who have registered a case, Anand and his wife have suffered 30 per cent burns each, while Sarojamma has suffered 50 per cent. All the three are out of danger, said a cop recalling the doctor’s statement.

Youth commits suicide

A 22-year-old youth committed suicide allegedly by throwing himself under a moving train here on Thursday. B Shashikumar — son of D Boraiah who is working as a technical assistant with Sericulture Department is the deceased. He was a resident of Ashokapuram.

His beheaded body was recovered on the track between Ashokapuram and Chamarajapuram Railway Stations.

According to his parents, he was a student of second semester in diploma at a college here. He was rarely attending classes and was mentally upset for the past few days. Railway Police have registered a case.

Man dies in sleep

A man died in sleep at his house in Kyatamaranahalli here on Thursday midnight. Harish Kumar (34) son of Prabhuswamy, a carpenter by profession is the deceased. It was only after autopsy, the cops could ascertain the fact as ‘heart attack’ behind his death.
Udayagiri Police have registered a case.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry