Son hacks Yeddyurappa's securityman to death

Son hacks Yeddyurappa's securityman to death

Son hacks Yeddyurappa's securityman to death

Veerabhadraiah, a PSI in the CM’s security, who was murdered in Bangalore on Saturday.

The victim was identified as Veerabhadraiah (58). The sub-inspector was climbing the stairs to reach his room on the third floor of a three-storey building near Navarang Circle in Rajajinagar II block around 11:30 pm when B V Yeshvanth, the 24-year-old son of the victim, hacked him to death with a lethal weapon, the police said.

Veerabhadraiah was injured on his left chest, left hand, right hand, right shoulder, head and shoulder. Yeshvanth fled after attacking his father, the police said.

According to the police, Veerabhadraiah was attached to VVIP security and was deployed at the chief minister’s official residence, ‘Krishna’. He was separated from his wife Shivashanthamma, son Yeshvanth and daughter Saumya.  Veerabhadraiah had been staying in the room since June 1, 2009. The wife and daughter live at Anand Rao Circle police quarters.

Yeshvanth, an agent engaged in installing towers for cellular companies, lives at Vinayak Layout, Nayandalli, with his wife Bindu and two-year-old daughter Jahnavi.

Frequent quarrels

There were frequent quarrels in Veerabhadraiah’s family as he had reportedly married two women, including Jayamma, the younger sister of Shivashanthamma.Veerabhadraiah was from Ajjanahalli, Madbal hobli, Magadi. Shivashanthamma comes from Nedagutta, Sira taluk, Tumkur.

 The family alleged that Veerabhadraiah not only had affairs with many women but was also intoxicated quite often. He used abusive language whenever he quarrelled with his wife, son and daughter.

The police rushed to the spot immediately after they were alerted about the alleged patricide.

The victim, who was still breathing, requested the police to admit him to hospital.  When the police asked Veerabhadraiah who attacked him, he said: “My son and he ran away.”
A police official told Deccan Herald, “We rushed him to KCG Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.”

The police are interrogating members of his family. They are yet to arrest Yeshvanth.