Biocon Q4 net profit up 25 pc to Rs 101 cr

Biocon Q4 net profit up 25 pc to Rs 101 cr

The company had posted a net profit of Rs 80.62 crore for the same period last year, Biocon said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).

Total income of the company also grew to Rs 703.23 crore in the January-March quarter from Rs 658.21 crore in the same period last year, it added.

For the full-year ended March 31, 2011, the Bangalore-based company's net profit rose to Rs 367.52 crore from Rs 293.25 crore in the same period a year ago.

The board of directors of the company has declared an interim dividend of 30 per cent (Rs 1.50 per share) and a final dividend of 60 per cent (Rs 3.00 per share) has also been proposed by the board subject to the approval of the members, thereby taking the total dividend for the year to 90 per cent (Rs 4.50 per share) on the share capital of the company.

Meanwhile, the shares of the company were trading at Rs 379.95, down 1.26 per cent from the previous close on the BSE.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)