Man attacked by wife over affair

Man attacked by wife over affair

Woman surrenders to police

Satish Kumar, 40, was rushed to M S Ramaiah Hospital where he was treated as an inpatient and discharged late in the evening.

According to police, Kumar, a tailor, and Shoba Rani, a homemaker, were married for 15 years and had a 13-year-old son studying in a school in Yeshwantpur. Satish allegedly befriended a woman of the same locality a few months ago. She started visiting his tailor shop every day and went to Satish’s house whenever his wife and son were away.

When confronted, Satish told Rani she was just a friend and there was no affair between them. However, Rani requested him to stay away from her, but Satish continued to meet her and speak with her, said sources in the police  department.

Things took an ugly turn when Rani directed the woman not to come home or meet her husband. She also exchanged heated words with her a couple of months ago and was upset when her husband intervened and supported the woman. The couple quarreled constantly over the issue, sources said.

At around 5:15 pm on Tuesday, Satish was busy stitching trousers, when Rani allegedly abused him for having an illicit relationship. Satish lost his cool and scolded her. Irked by his remarks, his wife grabbed the scissors and attacked him. Satish suffered cut marks on his abdomen, chest and neck. When he cried for help, some of his neighbours rushed him to hospital.

Around afternoon, Rani surrendered before the police. After his discharge from hospital, Satish rushed to the police station and requested the cops not to take any action against his wife, saying she was innocent and did not intend to murder him. However, police had already arrested her and produced her before the court.

Youth found murdered

A man was murdered near a tank in Chikkajala on Tuesday.

The dead was identified as Pavathiyappa alias Suresh Kumar, 28. He hailed from Dharmapuri in Tamil Nadu.

The victim came to Bangalore on Saturday to meet his relatives, who are quarry workers at Vidyanagar. He did not return home on Sunday. Some residents noticed a dead body near Kodigehalli tank and informed the police.

Pavathiyappa was bleeding from his nose and ears. Police found no other injuries on the body. Police suspect the victim was bludgeoned to death and have launched a search operation to arrest the suspects.