'Start co-op society in every GP'

Nandini launches 5 products as a part of co-operative week celebrations

Speaking on the occasion, SCDCC Bank Chairman Rajendra Kumar said that the government has given power to co-operative societies. However, it is still holding it with its recruitment policy. Vaidyanathan Committee recommendations are implemented.

However, without bringing in amendment to the banking regulations, Vaidyanathan Committee recommendations can not be implemented effectively for the benefit of the cooperative societies.

District-in-Charge Minister Krishna Palemar said that the government should support the co-operative sectors to grow. It should not interfere in the functioning of the cooperative sectors.

Assembly Deputy Speaker Yogish Bhat said that there is investment opportunity in the coastal district, which the cooperative sectors should think of. Cooperative sectors have played a vital role in providing strength to the economically backward section of the society.

Dakshina Kannada Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (DKMUL) President Raviraj Hegde Kodavoor said that there is shortage of milk production in coastal districts, where the cost of production is higher than the rest of the State. The government should think of providing loan for dairy farming on lines with loan for farming sector.

To overcome the shortage of fodder in the coastal district, the government should think of providing subsidy for transportation to get fodder from rest of the State.   Karnataka Apex Bank Chairman G T Deve Gowda said that a cooperative society should be started in every Gram Panchayat limits to help the farmers, cottage industries and dairy farmers in the State.  He said that Chief Minister  has responded positively to start Cooperative Academy in the State.

Awards
The best cooperative award was given to Panaje Vyavasayika Sahakari Sangha President B Padmanabha Borkare and Prathamika Sahakari Krishi mathu grameena Abhivridhi Bank (Kundapur) President S Dinakara Shetty. The Best Co-operative Society award was given to Bannur Raithara Seva Sahakari Sangha, Kambadakone Raithara Seva Sahakari Sangha, Sri Ramakrishna Credit Cooperative Society, Badagabettu Credit Cooperative Society, Kadandale Milk producers Cooperative Society and Kodavoor Milk Producers Society.

New Nandini products
Dakshina Kannada Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (DKMUL) launched four new Nandini brand products and 1 kg of Nandini curd packet here on Tuesday.  The products are sterilised chocolate milk, kokum fruit punch, khova, and diced paneer. The 200 ml quantity sterilised chocolate milk, in bottles, would be priced at Rs 15.

It would have a three-month shelf life and was targeted at youth who like chocolate flavour. The kokum fruit punch would be a mix of kokum fruit juice and milk whey. It would be marketed in bottles. The 200 ml bottle would be priced at Rs 10. The kokum fruit punch is anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant, and worked as a cardio tonic. It contained proteins, said Raviraj Hegde Kodavoor.

The milk khova will be available in a 200 gram packet with each packet priced at Rs 52. Diced paneer would be sold in 180 gram packet with each packet priced at Rs 40. The DKMUL was already selling Nandini paneer in 200 gm and one kg packets. The union also released one kg curd packet to meet the demand of hotels and retailers. Each packet will be priced at Rs 28. It had released 200 gram, 400 gram, and 6 kg curd packets in the past.

Novel loan scheme
The South Canara District Central Cooperative (SCDCC) Bank launched a loan scheme for the purchase of gold.

Stating that parents are finding it difficult to buy gold at the time of the marriage of their children, SCDCC Bank Chairman Rajendra Kumar said the scheme will provide an opportunity for them to buy gold three to five years ahead of the marriage.

If a parent is arranging the marriage of his daughter in the next three to five years, and he wants to buy gold worth Rs 10 lakh for this purpose, he can go in for this loan. The bank will offer 80 per cent of the loan and the remaining 20 per cent will have to be borne by the customer.

The customer will have to bring invoices from the jewellers identified by the bank and will have to pay 20 per cent of the margin money to the bank for availing this loan. The bank will send the money directly to the jeweller concerned.


DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)