Claim pending FDs, says High Court

Claim pending FDs, says High Court

The High Court has asked depositors of unclaimed fixed deposits (FDs) in various banks (known as judicial deposits) to claim their dues early.

In a release, K S Mudgal, registrar (judicial), said that as per the orders of the Chief Justice and the court on February 5, 2002, the statement showing the amounts in FDs upto 2000, has been prepared and displayed on the notice boards of the Karnataka High Court, its circuit benches in Dharwad and Gulbarga and in the courts of all the principal district and sessions judges in the State, besides in the court of the chief judge of small causes in Bangalore.

The parties concerned may approach the Accounts-1 (judicial deposit) branch of the High Court for withdrawing the amounts kept in the fixed deposits.

Valid documents

The parties should produce a copy of the order of the High Court, besides their voter identification card, valid driving licence or ration card as proof of identification, along with their advocates.

“Such depositors are also bound by the rules laid down by the High Court in the matter of repayment of amount in deposit,” Mudgal said in a statement. The statement is also available on the official website of the Department of Information