Fire at a garments unit

A fire broke out at a garments unit on Commercial Street Sunday evening. Twenty persons were working in the unit, when the accident occurred, but no one was in

jured.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services was alerted immediately. The firemen battled for more than two hours to douse the fire.

Speaking to Deccan Herald, Deputy Director of the Department B K Hampagol said: “The fire might have been caused due to a malfunctioning air conditioner. All kinds of cloth and raw material were stored in the basement of the building. The loss can be ascertained only by Monday evening.”

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry