There are several scholarships available to Indian students from the Irish Universities and the Government of Ireland.
The Government of Ireland Scholarships for India includes the following:
- 2 fully funded Government of Ireland scholarships were available to graduate students from India, for the academic year 2012-2013, who have successfully gained a place on a 1 year Taught Masters Programme in UCD.
- 3 fully funded Government of Ireland scholarships are sought for UCD to graduate students from India, for the academic year 2013-2014, who have successfully gained a place on a 1 year Taught Masters Programme.
Each scholarship will entitle the successful student to a full fee waiver at his/her Irish university, as well as a stipend of €10,000 to cover living expenses for the year.
Contact Kate O’Hanlon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and terms & conditions on all these scholarships.
The University College, Dublin
Graduate (Taught Masters) Scholarships
- 2 full 100% merit based tuition scholarships specifically for Indian students applying for postgraduate courses* (closing date 30.4.2013)
- 10 50% merit based tuition scholarships specifically for Indian students applying for postgraduate courses (closing date 30.4.2013)
- Fifty merit based tuition scholarships worth 2000 Euros each specifically for Indian students applying for postgraduate courses* (applied to applicants who accept offers in first come, first served basis)
(*excludes clinical programmes and Business courses)
- One 50% merit based tuition scholarships for undergraduate students* (closing date 30.4.2013)
- Five merit based tuition scholarships worth 5000 Euros each for undergraduate students (Science) (closing date 30.4.2013)
- Four merit based tuition scholarships worth 2500 Euros each for undergraduate students in subjects of Business, Humanities and Social Science (closing date 30.4.2013)
(*excludes clinical programmes)
Trinity College, Dublin
Indian Scholarships Undergraduate
Scholarships valued at €9,000 per year are being offered (for four years) for full-time study in a four-year degree course. The Scholarships can be for any undergraduate course offered in Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Science, Computer Science and Engineering.
- The Scholarships are highly competitive and awarded on academic ability and performance in one of the following: IB, A-levels, and Class XII or equivalent examinations.
- Students must have a current offer of a place for undergraduate study at Trinity College Dublin.
- Students already studying at Trinity College Dublin are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals and not resident in the EU.
Sixteen postgraduate scholarships for the year beginning September 2013 are being offered in any of the university’s taught masters courses.
Five scholarships valued at €3,000 are available in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, five in the Faculty of Health Sciences and four in the Faculty of Engineering, Mathematics and Science.
A further two research scholarships valued at €6,000 per year for three years are available for full-time study on a PhD programme in any discipline.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic ability and performance. The scholarships will be competitively awarded based on the results in a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Candidates pursuing taught postgraduate courses are eligible for 14 scholarships in arts, humanities, social sciences, engineering, mathematics, science and health sciences.
- Candidates pursuing postgraduate research courses are eligible for two scholarships in engineering, mathematics and science.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship at Trinity College Dublin please contact us at email@example.com
Other universities which offer scholarships to Indian students include National University of Ireland Maynooth, University of Limerick, University College Cork and Dublin City University.