Girl dies at school; food poisioning suspected

A Class IV student died on the campus of her school due to suspected food poisoning Monday afternoon.

The incident took place at Trishul School in J P Nagar police station limits.

The victim was identified as P Shankari, 9, a  resident of Annaiahappa Reddy Compound, J P Nagar 6th phase. She was the youngest of the two children of Saravan, a truck driver, and Veena, a homemaker. 

The couple have a 15-year-old son.

Collapses in school

According to the police, Shankari had biscuits and milk in the morning before going to school. In the afternoon, she started vomiting and went to toilet. But, she collapsed before she could reach the toilet. The school staff rushed her to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead, said the police.

“We are ascertaining the cause of death and are awaiting the autopsy report from KIMS,” J P Nagar police inspector B S Angadi said.

However, the police ruled out any foul play in the girl’s death.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry