Bus catches fire

Bus catches fire

Bus catches fire

Nearly 20 passengers had a miraculous escape on Thursday afternoon as a BMTC bus they were travelling in caught fire at the Yeshwantpur Traffic and Transit Management Centre.

The bus that plies between Jalahalli Cross and Kempegowda Bus Stand had just arrived at Yeshwantpur TTMC when a passerby alerted the passengers in the bus that there was thick smoke coming out of the bus.

The driver and conductor of the bus showed presence of mind and asked all the passengers to get out of the bus immediately.

A fire tender was rushed to the spot and it doused the fire in minutes. However, the bus was fully gutted by then. The reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.

The fire officials, however, suspect that the fire might have been caused by a short circuit in the engine.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)