Family of four consume poison, two dead

A Rajasthan Roadways conductor and his minor son died while his wife and a daughter fell unconscious after they consumed poison at an isolated area in Pratapgarh district, police said.

45-year-old Vinod Bhatnagar, who was posted with Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation in Banswara, along with his wife Pratibha (42), son Varun (12) and daughter Pari (8) reached Pratapgarh last night in a bus.

"The family consumed poison at an isolated area near a petrol pump and were spotted lying unconscious by locals this morning.

They were rushed to the district hospital where Vinod and his son were declared dead, while his wife and daughter were referred to Udaipur hospital in critical condition," the police said.

No suicide note was recovered from the spot, the police said, adding, that the matter was being probed.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry