Actor Shruthi hospitalised for food poisoning

Actor Shruthi hospitalised for food poisoning

A day after Kannada actor Shruthi was admitted for food poisoning at a private hospital in the City, her doctors on Friday said that she was out of danger.

The actor was admitted to Punya Hospital at Basaveshvarnagar after she complained of an acute stomach ache.

“The patient had consumed some food at a dhabha while returning from Shirdi,” said one of her doctors, Punya Nagaraj, who added that she was diagnosed with diarrhoea at the hospital.

“After treatment, she is recovering now,” he added.

On Thursday night, a local TV news channel had speculated that Shruthi, depressed over her recent marriage, had allegedly consumed poison.

Learning of this, Kamakshipalya police went to the hospital to investigate the matter. However, investigating officers discovered that the news report was a hoax.

The actress was visited on Friday by Umashree, Minister of State for Women and Child Development, and other well-wishers.

Comments (+)