Texas gunman taken off ventilator

Hasan, who went into coma after being shot several times in exchange of fire, is now in a stable condition at the Brooke Army Medical Center, where he was taken off ventilator.

The hospital officials said Hasan was conscious and talking, while 17 of his victims remained hospitalised. “There is a possibility that some of these patients have been physically impaired for the rest of their lives and there is certainly no doubt that many will be psychologically impaired for the rest of their lives,” said W Roy Smythe, chief of surgery for Scott & White Hospital in Temple.

Meanwhile, Sgt Kimberly Munley, the civilian officer praised as the hero of the shootout at America’s largest military base, was reportedly doing well after undergoing a second surgery.

Preparations

Meanwhile, a British newspaper claimed on Sunday that  Major Hasan had been plotting the massacre for weeks.

According to ‘The Daily Star’, Hasan bought a Belgian-made FN 5.7 mm semi-automatic pistol at a gun shop less than 15 miles from the Fort Hood military base in September, indicating he was hatching a plan since then. Moreover, Hasan also gave notice to the owner of his apartment block two weeks ago that he would be moving out by November 7, the report said.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry