Girl in hospital with burns

A two-and-half-year-old girl was admitted to the intensive care unit of the district hospital in the city on Monday, with burns all over the body.

There are contrasting reports as to how the child sustained the injuries. Neighbours of Chikkathayamma, the woman who brought the girl to the hospital, suspect that the burns may have been caused with cigarette butts. But, doctors feel that it may have been caused by some hot object that fell on the girl’s body, said Dr S Diwakar, the district child protection officer.

It is said that Hanumantha, the brother of Chikkathayamma’s husband Raju, had brought the girl from Bangalore two weeks ago, so that the childless couple can adopt her. It is alleged that the girl had burns when she was brought to the couple’s house in Vaddarahalli of Malavalli taluk in the district. Hanumantha  is currently absconding.

Comments (+)