Mariam Kousar out of coma

Mariam Kousar out of coma

It was a day of joy for the relatives of Mariam Kousar as the three-year-old, who was a victim of alleged medical negligence at the Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedic Hospital due to an overdose of anaesthesia, finally opened her eyes, three months after the incident.

Kousar was shifted to a special ward from the ICU at the Malathi Manipal Hospital on Tuesday after relatives said they noticed little movements in her body, sometimes indicating pain. However, she is still on tracheotomy and is being fed. The child developed uneasiness last week when doctors tried to check if she can breathe on her own but, she was soon back on tracheotomy.

Shifted to ward

Dr H Sudarshan Ballal, Medical Director, Manipal Hospital, said, “The child is stable and has been shifted to the ward. Parents have been trained to look after her in the ward and inform doctors and hospital staff about changes they notice.”

He further added that she will be frequently monitored by nurses and doctors and that the hospital is ready to discharge her and are waiting for parents approval.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry