No request to US to track down Dawood

No request to US to track down Dawood

The Union Home Ministry has now contradicted the claims of its own Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Dawood Ibrahim, saying India has not made any formal request to the United States on sharing information on the underworld don who is dubbed as a global terrorist.

The rejection came through a written reply in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday by Shinde's junior in the ministry Mullappally Ramachandran.

To Shiv Sena MP Anil Desai's question whether the government has made a request to the US to track down Dawood, Ramachandran said, “no such formal request has been made by this Ministry to the US government.

“However, the accused is wanted in Mumbai Bomb Blast of 1993 and a Red Corner Notice is in existence. The UN Security Council has also issued a Special Notice against him. The subject (Dawood) has not been located so far.”

The Ministry's assertion is in direct conflict with a statement made by Shinde during the customary monthly press conference on January 10.

He had said that he took up the issue with the US during his visit there and had decided to “pass whatever information we have on Dawood amongst each other. We decided we will make joint efforts”.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry