Vincent was approached by a bookie

Former New Zealand international Lou Vincent confirmed on Thursday that he failed to tell authorities when a bookmaker approached him about fixing a match in Bangladesh, but said that was the extent of any wrongdoing.

Vincent said he had pleaded guilty to breaching the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) anti-corruption code by not reporting the approach while playing in the scandal-tainted Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) last year.

“I confirm I rejected this approach at the time. There is no allegation or suggestion that anything untoward occurred beyond the approach itself,” Vincent said.

The 35-year-old, who played in 23 Tests and 102 ODIs added: “I have no involvement in any of the matches, or matters involving the other parties which were the subject of recent hearings and investigation in Bangladesh.”

A special tribunal in Bangladesh said on Wednesday that it expected to hand down punishments for Vincent and three other people implicated in the BPL scandal within two weeks.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry