Woman gang-raped

Last Updated 28 March 2014, 20:16 IST

Co-workers assault her at garment factory

A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang raped by the owner of a garment factory and his associate in east Delhi’s Gandh Nagar area on Thursday night. The duo was arrested early on Friday.

The victim had been working at a garments factory in the area as a tailor for the past few months. Though married for four years, she had been living separately from her husband in Vishwas Nagar.

In her statement to police, she said she was leaving after work for home with a female colleague at around 10 pm on Friday when the Devender, 31, and Sanjay, 39, called her back to the factory.

While her colleague stayed back, the woman was allegedly taken to a separate room at the back of the factory and was raped by the duo.

They allowed her to leave after threatening her with death if she revealed the incident to anyone. The victim, however, immediately called police.

Police officers arrived at the site the same night and picked up 14 persons for questioning. They were identified by the woman as working at the factory at the time of the incident.

“Though many people were working at the factory that night, the area where the room was located was isolated. The woman says no one heard her calls for help,” said a police officer.

“Based on the woman’s statement, an FIR was registered at Gandhi Nagar police station. The victim was sent for a medical test which confirmed rape,” the officer added.

While the two accused remained untraced that night, they were arrested on Friday morning from two separate locations in east Delhi. The officer claimed they have confessed to the crime.

15-yr-old raped by friend 

A 15-year-old girl in west Delhi’s Nihal Vihar has alleged that she was raped by a 21-year-old friend on the pretext of marriage, reports DHNS from New Delhi. The accused has been arrested.

The victim, a class 10 student in a local government school, lives with her family in Nihal Vihar. Police said the two were in a relationship for sometime and the accused had promised to marry her.

On Tuesday, the accused Rajesh told her that he would marry her at a temple and took her to a friend’s flat nearby. After his friend left for some work, he allegedly raped her.

When the victim insisted for marriage, he allegedly refused point blank and instead threatened to kill her if she narrated the incident to anyone.

The victim returned home and narrated the entire incident to her mother. The family then approached police.

(Published 28 March 2014, 20:14 IST)

Follow us on