Driver hacked to death after a chase

Driver hacked to death after a chase

Driver hacked to death after a chase

A gang of armed men chased a private bus driver and hacked him to death in the Jnanabharathi police limits on Friday night.

 The deceased has been identified as Prakash Gowda (35), a resident of Muddanapalya in Nagarabhavi.

According to the police, Prakash was working for a private travel agency which ferries employees of a software firm in Electronics City. He was killed while he was returning home after dropping the IT staffers at Mathikere. The assailants stabbed Prakash after getting into the bus near Ambedkar College on Kengeri Road at around 11.30 pm. Prakash managed to get down from the vehicle and started running for his life. However, the gang members caught him after a chase and attacked him with lethal weapons. Prakash died on the spot due to massive injuries. The assailants abandoned the weapons on the spot and fled, the police said.

Passersby noticed the body lying in a pool of blood and informed the police. Prakash was married to Shobha, a homemaker, 11 years ago and the couple have two sons.

Bar manager attacked

Two men allegedly attempted to murder a bar-and-restaurant manager over a petty issue in Koramangala on Saturday. The victim, Devaraj, 35, a resident of Devarachikkanahalli, has been admitted to a private hospital. He is stated to be out of danger, the police said.

The incident took place at around 1.15 am in front the bar where Devaraj is employed. Two men, identified as Rehmath and Suraj, started fighting near the bar and Harish, the security guard, intervened to separate them. But the two started thrashing Harish, and Devaraj rushed to his rescue, the police said. The duo vent their ire on Devaraj and stabbed him on his hands, chest and abdomen before fleeing. 

Cloth merchant robbed

Two men robbed a cloth merchant of his merchandise, cash and valuables at his house in Kodigehalli on Friday night. Santosh Kumar, a resident of Lottagollahalli, runs a cloth store. The suspects struck a conversation with Kumar while he was standing outside his house, pretending to be customers. Kumar turned them down asking them to come the next day. However, the duo asked him to get drinking water. As soon as Kumar entered his house, the suspects followed him, tied him with pieces of cloth and fled with 100 sarees, a laptop, a cellphone and Rs 1.3 lakh in cash, the police said.