Live fence wire electrocutes 2

Live fence wire electrocutes 2

Two people were electrocuted when they came in contact with an electrified fence erected to protect the farm land, near Thyamagondalu, in Nelamangala taluk, Bangalore Rural district, on Friday.

The deceased Shanthamma, 30 and Ramanna, 60, were residents of Doddabele.

Shanthamma, on her way to attend the call of nature, tried to cross the fence and came in contact with the live wire. The farmland, owned by Veera Gowda, was protected with electric fence to keep away pigs from grazing on maize crop.

A few minutes later, Veera Gowda’s brother Ramanna, who went to the water tank to wash his face, was electrocuted when he stepped on the wet ground.

Farmers from neighbouring lands informed the police.

The police shifted the bodies to a nearby hospital for post-mortem.

“The death is due to negligence of the owner. No one was aware the fencing was electrified to keep away pigs. After Shanthamma was electrocuted, the live wire connected to the fence had snapped resulting in grounding and led to electrocution of Ramanna,” police said. A negligence case has been registered against Veera Gowda. The police are probing if he had necessary permission to erect the electric fence.

Newlywed hangs herself

A newly-married woman, Sowmya, 22, hung herself at her residence in Kannur, in Bagalur police limits.

Sowmya, a teacher at a private school, was married to Venkatesh three months ago. She was at her parents’ house in Kengeri over a couple of weeks and returned home on Thursday morning.

After Venkatesh left for work, she hung herself, police said. The incident came to light when Venkatesh returned home. Sowmya’s mother has lodged a complaint at Bagalur police station alleging that Venkatesh was harassing Sowmya for dowry. A case has been registered.

Homemaker ends life

In another incident, frequent fights with her husband led Susai Mary, 29, to set herself ablaze at her residence in Aditya Nagar in Vidyaranyapura, on Thursday night.
The deceased was married to Don Bosco, 33, a mason.

Bosco used to come home drunk and fight with his wife. Recently after a heated argument Mary threatened to kill herself. On Thursday night, a drunk Bosco picked a quarrel with his wife. When he was asleep, Mary locked herself up in the bathroom and set herself ablaze.

On hearing her screams, Bosco broke open the door and tried to douse the fire and suffered burns, police said.

A police official said the neighbours rushed the couple to a nearby hospital. Mary was declared brought dead, while Bosco is being treated for burns. Mary’s mother has lodged a complaint alleging that Bosco was responsible for the death of her daughter.
Bosco will be arrested after he undergoes treatment, police said.