Youth stabbed to death over water bottle

Youth stabbed to death over water bottle

A 23-year-old youth was killed and his brother was stabbed by their two neighbours following an argument over a bottle of water in west Delhi’s Rajouri Garden late on Wednesday. The accused have been arrested, police said on Thursday.

The culprits have been identified as Sunny and Ramanand Sagar, both aged 21 years.Police said they brutally attacked their neighbour Pinku Shah and his brother Bhola after the victims refused to give them a bottle of water which the accused needed for drinking alcohol.

While Pinku died on the spot after receiving multiple stab wounds, Bhola is still undergoing treatment at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital. Bhola’s condition is stated to be out of danger.

“Pinku was employed at a hardware shop, while Bhola works in a motorcycle showroom,” said Ranvir Singh, Additional Commissioner of Police (West).

The accused were arrested by a team of Rajouri Garden police station comprising SHO Sunil Kumar and inspectors Suman Kumar Sharma and Puran Singh.

The incident was reported around 11 pm from DDU Hospital where the injured brothers were admitted by their father Sikandar.

Bhola told police that he was cooking food with his brother when Sunny arrived there and asked for water.

Pinku gave them a bottle of water after which Sunny left. He again approached Pinku and asked for another bottle of water.

“Since the brothers had stored limited water from themselves, Bhola refused saying he would not give them water for drinking alcohol,” Singh added.

Quarrel on second bottle

An argument broke out between Bhola and Sunny during which Ramanand arrived and joined the melee.

Ramanand took out a dagger and stabbed Bhola. When Pinku rushed to save his brother, Sunny grabbed the dagger and stabbed Pinku multiple times in his chest and lower abdomen.

The accused had fled after attacking the two brothers.

“The father of the two victims raised an alarm and rushed them to hospital where Pinku was declared brought dead. A case of murder and attempt to murder was registered with Rajouri Garden police station and the two accused were arrested,” Singh said.