Man killed in gas stove burst

 One person was killed on the spot while another seriously injured when a gas cylinder burst at a gas stove repair shop in Rajendra Nagar in Audugodi on Sunday.

Police have identified the deceased as Abdul Rahman, 26, a resident  of Neelasandra and the owner of the shop. The injured is Abhay, 29, a native of Kolkata, working at the shop. Abhay, who suffered 40 per cent burns was shifted to a nearby hospital.

At around 6 pm on Sunday, the duo opened the shop and switched on the light resulting in gas cylinder explosion. The passersby tried to douse the fire but the flames went out of control and they alerted the police and fire control room.

The two were shifted to the hospital but Abdul was declared brought dead. The police have registered a case of negligence against the shop owner Nasir. Nasir is absconding and the police are on the lookout for him.


DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)