RTE seats: Losers pin hopes on second list

Parents who did not secure seats for their children under the Right To Education Act  quota now anxiously wait for the second list. 

Prabhat H (name changed),  had applied for seats in three schools around Malleswaram for his son.  While the allotment process started on Wednesday, he did not get any message on his phone till Thursday afternoon.

On checking the status, he was disappointed to see that his son had not been alloted a seat in the first round.  He has all his hopes pinned in the second round.  B N Yoganand, General Secretary, RTE Parents’ Association, said that those who have not recieve messages had to pray for allotments in the second list.

D Shashi Kumar, General Secretary,  Karnataka Associated Managements’ of English Medium Schools (KAMS) said that huge mistakes had been committed in the online allotment of seats.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)