Puttur man stranded in Sana'a

Puttur man stranded in Sana'a

Chennappa Gowda and Ratna, residents of Kodimala in Kadaba of Puttur taluk, are worried about the safety of their younger son, Rajesh G C, who is stranded in Sana’a, the capital of strife-torn Yemen.

Speaking with Deccan Herald, Rajesh’s brother-in-law Radhakrishna said the latter had left for Sana’a on March 19 after vacationing at his native village for a month.

Rajesh has been employed with MAM International Corporation in Sana’a for the past three years. After completing his diploma at Panja Ninthikal ITI, he left for Yemen. “He called us on Tuesday morning and said normal life had been affected in Sana’a. He said that initially things were normal during the day, but shelling and artillery fire continued in the night,” Radhakrishna said.

“He is in constant touch with the Indian Embassy officials who have asked Indians to get ready for evacuation. However, today my brother-in-law said the airport in Sana’a was surrounded by insurgents and the runway had been blasted. He said it would not be possible for the flight to land to ferry the stranded people. The journey on the road to reach Saudi Arabia is also not safe. Along with him, there is a man from Bengaluru and another from Hyderabad,” said Radhakrishna.

He urged the government to bring back the Indians stranded in Yemen.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)