I have many years in the Food and Beverage industry in France, Egypt and also India, where I had been the executive pastry chef of one of the capital’s best five-star hotels.
I am quite passionate about cooking in general, and pastry and bakery in particular.It runs in my family as my father was a baker back home in France.
Throughout my travels, I have been able to perfect my passion; I was delighted to hear about an opportunity to work at L’Opéra – Delhi NCR’s only authentic French patisserie – having previously worked in India and being enticed by the prospect of bringing the best of France’s culinary culture to this country. I’m planning to launch an extensive array of products, including a sugar-free line of pastries, and many other innovative creations.
I’m glad to have been given this essential role with the L’Opéra family and help provide the nation’s capital with French products of the highest quality.
As told to Shweta Sharma by Chef Cedric Houza, L'Opéra
* Red onion, sliced: ½ cup
* Yellow capsicum, julienne: ½ cup
* Red capsicum, julienne: ½ cup* Sliced zucchini: 200 gms
* Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
* Eggs: four
* Cooking cream (minimum 35 per cent fat): 350 ml
* Pinch of salt and white pepper
* Cheddar cheese: 30 gms
* Water: 40 ml
* Elle and vire butter: 150 gms
* Pinch of salt
* Plain flour: 250 gms
* Egg yolk: 20 gms
* Slice the vegetables and set aside.
* Heat one tablespoon olive oil and a tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan.
* Add the sliced vegetables and saute over medium-low heat for 10-15 mins.
* In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
* Cream the butter in a mixing bowl. Add flour, salt and mix on slow speed.
* Add cold water and egg yolks, mix until the dough is formed.
* Refrigerate the dough for a few hours.
* Roll out the dough on a light floured surface, cut out the discs according to the size of the mould.
* Take the prepared quiche ring and spread the grated parmesan at the bottom.
* Fill in half of the ring with the sauted vegetables and top up the quiche with the cream sauce.
* Bake at 180 degree for 30-35 minutes.