Four men from AP choke to death in charcoal smoke

 Four men from Andhra Pradesh were choked to death after they inhaled smoke from burning charcoal at a poultry farm at Thimmanayakanahalli in the taluk on Wednesday.

The deceased are B Arun Kumar Reddy, 29, Veera Chandrareddy, 39, B Ramamohan Reddy, 32, and M Chennakeshava Reddy, 30, all from Bhadrampalli near Pulivendula in the neighbouring state.

They had all been booked in a criminal case in their state and had taken shelter in a room adjacent to Sai Bhyreshwara poultry farm belonging to Varadaraju and Muniraju in Thimmanayakanahalli. The four men initially stayed at the house of Manjunath Reddy of Irabanahalli, their acquaintance. They had requested Manjunath Reddy to provide them shelter till the court grants bail to them in the case.

They were later shifted to the poultry farm of Varadaraju and Muniraju, who happen to be Manjunath Reddy’s friends.

While going to sleep, they put burning charcoal in a box so that the smoke drives away mosquitoes. They were asphyxiated by the smoke as they had closed the windows and there was no fresh air in the room.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry