Call centre staffer killed in accident.

A 24-year-old woman working at a call centre died when her motorcycle collided with a concrete mixer lorry at Iblur junction on the Outer Ring Road, on Monday.
 

Sharanya, a resident of VV Puram, was riding home when the lorry rear-ended her two-wheeler around 2 pm. She fell off the motorcycle and came under the lorry. 

She sustained grievous injuries and was taken to a hospital where she died in the evening, the police said. She worked at a BPO firm at Kadubeesanahalli. The lorry driver, who attempted to escape from the spot, was arrested. The victim’s parents have donated her eyes, the police added. 

Student drownsThe body of an 18-year-old student from Loyola College, Hulimavu, was found at Kaggalipura lake in Ramanagar district on Monday morning. The deceased has been identified as Santosh Kumar.

According to the police, Kumar had gone to Kaggalipura lake on Sunday afternoon, but had not returned home. He may have met the watery grave while trying to swim, the police said.

The body was floating in the lake on Monday and a few local residents alerted the police who have registered a case of unnatural death. The police said they were questioning the victim’s friends.

4 held for assaultThe Sanjaynagar police have arrested four persons in connection with the assault on a student in Bhoopasandra last week. 

The police, based on the information gathered from the public and CCTV footage, arrested Basavaraj, Rangaswamy, Sunil and Santosh. They are all residents of Nagashettyhalli and work for private companies. They had assaulted Micheal Merwin Joy, 22, a native of Kerala and a degree student at a private college in the City on last Friday.”

“The matter is still being investigated and CCTV footage  is being examined,” said a senior police officer.

Fire in supermarketElectronics goods were destroyed in a fire which fire broke out in a supermarket in Koramangala on Sunday night. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

According to the police, the fire broke out around 11 am due to electric short circuit. Besides electronics goods, a computer and CCTV cameras were also gutted. 

A few local residents noticed the flames from the building and alerted the fire department. 

There was nobody inside the supermarket when the mishap occurred, said the police. 

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry