Thief falls from bakery roof, dies in Kengeri

Thief falls from bakery roof, dies in Kengeri

Owner booked for not shifting victim to hospital in time

A 25-year-old person, who was plotting to loot a bakery, died after falling down from the roof of the bakery near RV College under Kengeri police limits in the early hours of Wednesday.

According to the police, the deceased has been identified as Siddaraju, a native of Channapatna. On Wednesday around 4.30 am, he climbed atop Sri Sai Bakery, owned by Muniswamy, to loot the bakery.

He removed the asbestos sheet and while trying to climb down, he fell down inside the bakery and died. Muniswamy, who was sleeping inside the bakery, woke up  from his sleep after hearing a thud sound.

Muniswamy switched on the lights and found that Siddaraju was lying on the floor lifeless. He found a few phone numbers in Siddaraju's pocket and called his relatives to inform that Siddaraju is dead, said the police.

“Around 6 am, the police, who got the information visited the spot and shifted the body for postmortem. They contacted the relatives who told that he was staying in a friend's house in Kumbalgodu.

But he had not gone to his friend's house nor their house in Channapatna for over six months, and was leading a life of a vagabond. “We have taken his fingerprints to check if he his involved in any other crimes.

“The bakery owner has been booked for not shifting Siddaraju to the hospital immediately,” said a senior police officer. A case has been registered at the Kengeri police station and investigation is on.

Woman electrocuted

A 46-year-old housewife was electrocuted while trying to fill water into the sump at her residence in the police quarters on Mysuru Road on Tuesday noon.

According to the police, the deceased has been identified as Jayalakshmi, a native of Tumakuru and wife of a Central Armed Reserve (CAR) head constable. She was residing with her husband and two sons, also working with traffic police.

Around 3 pm on Tuesday, Jayalakshmi connected the water tap with a pipe and connected it to an electric motor so that water is drawn forcefully. While doing so, her clothes got wet, she suffered electric shock as she came in contact with the motor.

The neighbours who heard her screams rushed to her rescue and switched off the motor. Jayalakshmi, who was lying on the floor, was taken to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. The police shifted the body for post-mortem.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)