Man dumps wife's body in sump

Man dumps wife's body in sump

Husband had allegedly harassed victim for more dowry

Man dumps wife's body in sump

Siddalingappa, the suspect married Nirmala in 2003 and the couple have a daughter.
He allegedly harassed her for dowry since their marriage. Nirmala’s parents had brokered peace between the couple and provided financial assistance to Siddalingappa for setting up a shop. But the man was an alcoholic and continued to torture Nirmala for money, police said.

A case of dowry harassment was registered against him at Chandra Layout a few months back. The police and the elders asked the couple to arrive at a compromise, said a relative of the victim.

On Wednesday night, the couple got into an argument and in the ensuing fight Siddalingappa allegedly killed her, police said.
He claimed that Nirmala had slipped and fallen into the tank and died. Police have registered a case against him and investigation is on.

Fire arm seized
The Commercial Street police arrested Mohammed Salman (25) of JC Nagar for possessing a revolver and recovered the weapon. The police were tipped off that Salman was trying to sell the revolver at SC Garden near RBANMS Ground. The police went to the spot and arrested him.

Dies of injuries
An 89-year old retired BEML employee succumbed to injuries he sustained in an accident. Devasagayam was injured when an autorickshaw knocked him down on April 5. He was immediately rushed to a private hospital where he died on Wednesday, Banaswadi traffic police said.

Kidnapped, released
Three unidentified men kidnapped a worker at a medical shop on Wednesday night and released him after a few hours. The reason: The owner had refused to sell them medicine as they lacked a prescription from a doctor.
According to police, the suspects riding a bike came to Madhura Pharma in JP Nagar and asked for a medicine. They manhandled shop owner Jayasimha when he asked for a prescription. They forcefully took away Dharma, an assistant in the shop with them to an unknown location. However, they released him around midnight, police said.
DH News Service