Brothers hurt as phone battery goes off

Two brothers were injured after the battery of a mobile phone exploded at Honagunta village in Chittapur taluk on Saturday.

The victims are identified as Mallu Esappa Haabanora, 15, and Nagaraj Esappa Haabanora, 12.

Mallu, who removed the battery from the phone (Karbon K6), tried to connect it to a small bulb when the battery exploded. Mallu, who was injured in the right palm and chest, is admitted to a private hospital in Shahabad and his condition is said to be stable.

Nagaraj, who was with Mallu, suffered injuries to his left eye and on face. He has been admitted to the Basaveshwara Teaching and General Hospital.


Hospital ophthalmologist Dr Vishwanath Reddy told media that Nagaraj was injured in  the cornea of his left eye. He said the boy will be operated upon in the eye.

Assembly elections 2019 | Get the latest news, views and analysis on elections in Haryana and Maharashtra on DeccanHerald.com


For election-related news in Maharashtra, click here

For election-related news in Haryana, click here

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)