LPG cylinder leak causes fire, 4 hurt

In yet another gas cylinder leakage incident in the city, four of a family were seriously injured on Sunday morning.

The incident took place at Narendra's house in Veeraswamy Layout near Kadugodi around 6.30 am.

According to police, the injured have been identified as Narendra--a private firm employee, his younger brother Harendra, Narendra's wife Shilpa and his three-year-old son. All four, who sustained burns, have been admitted to Victoria Hospital.

Doctors said Narendra and Harendra's condition was critical as they have sustained over 70% burns.

The mishap occurred as the family had forgotten to turn off the cylinder on Saturday night. When Narendra woke up in the morning, and switched on a light, the spark in the switch set off the explosion. As fire broke out, neighbours called the Fire force who rushed to the spot and doused the fire, the police added.

Assembly elections 2019 | Get the latest news, views and analysis on elections in Haryana and Maharashtra on DeccanHerald.com


For election-related news in Maharashtra, click here

For election-related news in Haryana, click here

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)