Pub fined Rs 5L for neglecting fire safety

Pub fined Rs 5L for neglecting fire safety

A  rooftop pub in Central Bengaluru has been fined Rs 5 lakh by the BBMP for violating fire safety norms and not complying with the building plan.  

Attic, Lavelle  Road, will have to cough up the penalty and faces closure, too.  Lady Baga, on the same street, was also  found  guilty of the two violations. Lady Baga has a hookah joint and used bamboos that can easily catch fire, a senior BBMP official said.  

Both the pubs will be served closure notices.  

The  violations came to the fore during a surprise inspection  by  Mayor R Sampath Raj  on  Tuesday. Many establishments were found  to be functioning without a trade licence. The inspection followed the fire in a pub in Kamala Mills, Mumbai, that claimed 14 lives.  

Two senior health officers of the BBMP's east zone, Krishnavardhan and Sagayan, have been suspended for not checking the violations.  

 

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry