Woman injured in fire mishap

Woman injured in fire mishap

 The fire broke out in a shop owned by Manjunath, that sold distilled water and gas. His wife Geetha in the shop suffered minor burns. The fire spread to a nearby cloth shop. A two-wheeler was also gutted in the accident. Fire personnel Devaraj and Mulbagal Sub-Inspector Basavaraj rushed to the spot. Firetenders doused the fire.  A case has been registered.

Hooch kills 1

Officers overseeing the model code of conduct visited Byrasandra on Tuesday and took stock of the situation following a complaint of a death due to hooch consumption.

It is said that Muniratnappa (45) died due to  consumption of illicit liquor supplied during Gram Panchayat elections.

Block Education Officer S V Padmanabhaiah and polling officers gathered information from his wife Rajamma and residents of the village.

1 dies to injuries

Jagadeesh (17) succumbed to injuries on Tuesday at a hospital in Bangalore. He was grievously injured when he fell from a staircase at his residence in Mulbagal.