Four youths die of food poisoning

A few among a group of 12 youths consumed liquor on Monday night and after having food in their house, they slept. At four in the morning all of them started vomiting.  Out of the 12, two died on the spot and two others died in the Banahatti Government hospital. The deceased include Mico Banasi Rathod (30), Ramakant Rathod (20), Sonu Rathod (18) and Suresh Ningappa (25) all residents of Hadimani village. The youths who hailed from Gujarat were living in a rented house in Muttur Galli.

The others whose condition is stated to be serious are Suresh Rathore (25), Naresh Rathore (25), Sunil Rathore (18), Kamal Rathore (19) and Kiran Shivappa Angadi (16) of Embatnala village in Muddebihal taluk. They have all been admitted to Banahatti Government hospital.

All of them were due to travel to Unnavu district in Uttar Pradesh from Rabakavi via Miraj on Tuesday. They had also reserved their train tickets for the journey. It is said that out of the four who died two had consumed liquor and the other two had only food. Jittu Rathore, Rajesh Rathore and Rama Vila Rathore who had not consumed liquor but only had food have no symptoms of illness.

A case has been registered in Terdal police station in this regard. Deputy commissioner Rajendra, tahsildar Hullolli, DySP Ravinarayan and police inspector Gopal Jogin visited the spot.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)