More than 150 get jobs at employment mela in Madikeri

More than 150 get jobs at employment mela in Madikeri

Speaking at the mini employment mela organised jointly by Employment Exchange Centre and Karnataka Vocational Training and Skill Development Corporation and Madikeri Government ITI, he said “as we have lost interest in farming, all are in need of employment.

The change in lifestyle is increasing the employment opportunities.  This is the first time that Employment Exchange organised job mela in Kodagu. Southern zone job mela convener Hemachandra said “the mela aimed at creating an awareness on professional world.”

According to a survey in 2007, 7 per cent of the unemployed could be provided employment. The remaining 93 per cent will suffer from unemployment.  Backward community and minority welfare department district officer H G Prabhakar called upon the job aspirants to upgrade the skills. Government ITI Principal Pushpavathi was present.  District Employment Officer Jagannath welcomed the gathering. About 304 unemployed youths took part in the mela. More than 150 aspirants were selected.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)