Symonds loses CA contract to Tait

Symond's contract was revoked after discipline breaches during the ongoing Twenty20 World Cup in England.
Tait, who is no longer considered a Test prospect, gained the 25th ranking as a one-day and Twenty20 bowler because of the vacancy.
National selection panel chairman Andrew Hilditch said that the bowler qualified for a contract because of his value in the short form games.
"With Cricket Australia now withdrawing its previous contract offer to Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait has moved into a position where he has been offered a CA contract offer for 2009-10 under the rankings system CA uses to offer contracts to players," Hilditch said.
"Shaun at his best is an important part of our one-day international and Twenty20 make-up and I'm sure he will now seize the opportunity presented to him with this offer of a further Australian contract."
Tait has not played Test cricket since suffering a breakdown after the Perth game against India in 2007-08.
CA chief operations manager Michael Brown confirmed today he had informed Symonds  of the decision.
It follows his latest indiscretion which saw him sent home before the start of Australia's ill-fated World Twenty20 campaign in England.  
“Cricket Australia has advised Andrew Symonds that his contract offer for the next contract year (starts July 1) has been withdrawn,” Brown was quoted as saying by The Australian.
Brown said Symonds would still be clear to play in Australia and hoped the 34-year-old would continue to play for Queensland
Symond's manager Matt Fearon confirmed that the unpredictable Symonds has received offers from English counties and South African provinces.
He was a success in the Indian Premier League, helping the Deccan Chargers to the Twenty20 title in South Africa last month. He has another year left on his Deccan contract.

Comments (+)