FROM HERE & THERE

FROM HERE & THERE

FROM HERE & THERE

Gandhi stopped  at this station

The Bellary Junction station is not only a magnificent stone structure, but also has a little history attached to it. It was in this station that Mahatma Gandhi spent about eight hours on October 1, 1921 during his visit to Bellary.

 During the British rule, Bellary was served by The Southern Mahratta Railway, connecting Bellary with Hubli on the west and Guntakal on the east, and thus to Madras. The station is now a part of South Central Railway, in Guntakal Division and the extended Bellary-Rayadurgam-Chitradurga line falls under the jurisdiction of South Western Railway.

Bellary is well connected by rail to Bangalore, Raichur, Anantapuram, Hindupuram, Tirupati, Hubli, Guntakal, Vijayawada, Howrah and Pune. Guntakal is an important junction near Bellary from where trains to Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and to most of the places in India are available. Trains available from Bellary include Hospet-Bangalore (fast passenger), Vasco da Gama-Vijayawada, (Express), Chikkajajuru-Guntakal  Hubli-Bangalore (Hampi Express), Guntur-Hubli (Passenger), Kolhapur-Tirupati (Haripriya Express) and Vasco da Dama-Howrah (Amaravathi Express).

The Bellary Junction station is not to be confused with the Bellary cantonment station which is also located nearby on the same line.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)