Nuts kill British woman at daughter's wedding

Leslie Watson died from a severe allergic reaction after accidentally eating walnut oil at daughter Rachel's big day; she collapsed at the hotel in London after her face and lips began to swell up, the 'Daily Star' reported.

An inquest heard the former dental nurse was given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation by a guest before being rushed by ambulance to the Chelsea And Westminster Hospital. But she suffered a further anaphylactic shock after a latex glove was put on her chest as she was moved to intensive care in July.

Westminster Coroner's Court heard Watson, 49, had food allergies and an allergy to latex but this was not recorded in her general physician notes, the report said.Recording a verdict of accidental death, coroner Dr Shirley Radcliffe said: "Leslie Watson died on what should have been one of the happiest days of her life, the wedding of her daughter."She told relatives:"It must be a terrible, tragic loss of a very vibrant member of your family."

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)